Anxiety Cures: Foods and Drinks
It is quite normal for people who are smitten with anxiety disorders to resort to prescription medication. The issue with anti-anxiety medication is that they don’t really solve the real problem, but only provide symptomatic relief. Anxiety sufferers who have been prescribed drugs often find a dislike for them. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
It is helpful for everybody, whether or not you suffer from anxiety and stress, to know that there are alternatives to drugs. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. Chamomile tea can calm and relax your mind, and soothe your thoughts. This tea can help you sleep if you have trouble sleeping at night. It has natural sedative properties that can bring your stressed mind and tense body to a relaxed state.
2) There is a natural substance in turkey that causes you to relax after eating, it’s called tryptophan. A chemical responsible for maintaining balance in the brain, serotonin, comes from tryptophan. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Improve your mental and psychological health by consuming avocado. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. Eating avocado lessens the possibility of anxiety attacks by keeping your heart rate at an even rate.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. Magnesium is a substance that keeps your brain-adrenal axis in good condition, and green leafy vegetables are rich in magnesium.
5) Eating dark chocolate helps you keep calm. Dark chocolate can induce calmness and relieve stress more than milk chocolate and white chocolate, because the latter has much more added sugar, milk, and saturated fats which are unhealthy.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) One of the substances that reduce the incidence of anxiety is folic acid. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. A drop in folic acid impairs your neurotransmitters causing anxiety and stress.
8) Organ meats such as liver are also rich in vitamin B. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Eating oysters can increase your intake of zinc, an essential mineral that your brain requires to behave normally. Anxiety disorder is caused by a deficiency in zinc.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. Probiotics, such as kefir can help keep the balance of bacteria in your stomach.